By now, most of us know what is needed to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Although these measures are onerous in many ways, we fully support the current guidelines set forward by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Maryland State Government that are in place.
Luckily for parents and pediatricians, children that are affected by this virus typically experience mild symptoms and we are rarely seeing life threatening complications. However, we must keep in mind that even asymptomatic children can place vulnerable persons at risk and therefore should follow the same precautions as all of us.
As the management of this crisis changes rapidly, our office procedures may be in flux. Currently, the following measures are in place at Gvozden Pediatrics:
- We will be open for our regular business hours.
- As recommended by the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics, we will continue to perform well child exams and sport physicals in order to stay on top of child health and prevent individuals from falling behind on their immunizations.
- Well visits will be seen at dedicated hours to prevent contact with sick patients.
- We are offering telemedicine appointments for sick visits and for medication checks when appropriate. In some cases, we may not be able to fully asses the child virtually and an in-person visit will be scheduled. Click here for instructions for a virtual visit.
- We are asking that all patients wait in their car upon arrival. Please call 410-404-6192 once you have arrived in our parking lot and one of our staff members will come out to the parking lot to obtain your insurance card and copay (if required). Once a room is ready for your visit, a staff member will escort you directly to an exam room for your visit.
- In accordance with Governor Hogan’s executive order for the state of Maryland, we ask that all adults and older children wear masks when visiting the office just as if you were visiting any other public space.
- Hand hygiene has and always will be a priority in our office. Additional disinfecting is occurring in each room in between patients and throughout the day.
Please stay safe (and sane) throughout this crisis and call us if needed.