Gvozden Pediatrics / COVID-19 TESTING
Gvozden Pediatrics is pleased to offer COVID-19 testing for our patients and also for friends and families.
We perform a nasal Antigen Rapid Test (LumiraDx) in-house and will obtain nasal specimens for PCR testing when indicated and/or requested. PCR specimens are sent to a commercial lab (Quest, Labcorp) depending on insurance.
Rapid test results are available the same day of testing. PCRs can take several days.
Please refer to “Office Procedures” prior to visiting the office.
FOR TESTING PATIENTS CURRENTLY NOT PART OF OUR PRACTICE, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- You must have an insurance that Gvozden Pediatrics participates with.
- Our billing department will submit the charge for the visit and Rapid Testing to your insurance company.
- If a PCR is done, your insurance company will be billed by the commercial lab (Quest or Labcorp).
- If you choose to pay out-of-pocket for the Rapid Test, the cost is $70
- A demographics form containing patient information, as well as a copy of the front and back of the insurance card is required at every visit, even if no information changed from a previous visit. Please click on the tab labeled “FORMS” on the home screen to get to the demographics form.
- You will be notified of the Rapid Test and PCR results (even if negative) as soon as they are available. There is no need to make calls to inquire.
- Please discuss with your primary care provider any medical concerns you may have and what the test results mean to you.
- As required by law, your results will be reported to the Maryland State Health Department. For positive results, someone from the local Health Department is likely to contact you for Isolation guidance, Quarantine guidance and Contact Tracing.